Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sooooo ready for spring

I know the calendar says it's spring but I still have 6-12 inches of snow on my lawn, so it's not spring. A couple of years ago, I started with a small garden. I still have a fairly small garden, but I've been expanding. Last year I grew tomatoes for the first time! I don't actually eat tomatoes. I like the growing process and I made a lovely tomato sauce (which then became an even better spaghetti sauce).

Last year I tried square foot gardening which allows you to put a lot of different items in a smaller space. I planted several things that either didn't grow well (fennel) or I don't actually eat (broccoli).

This year, I'm going fairly simple, just planting the stuff I know I'll eat and that I like to grow. My plan for this year is potatoes, zucchini, peas, tomatoes and I have some garlic I planted last year. I might do corn again but let's face it, Alaska isn't a corn state! Maybe some green onions will go in as well.

Now, I just need it to warm up! Guess I'd better get back to my writing!

~Tielle~

P.S., do you have your copy of Twisted Shifter yet?? It's coming out next week!

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay


No comments: